About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Evil treatment to pregnant women lol


Today I had to go to have my pregnancy glucose test, I have to say this isn't pleasant. First of all you have to fast you can't eat or drink anything for 12hours! Now who ever told anybody it was a good idea to take food away from a pregnant woman for 12 hours is CRAZY! lol. I was utterly miserable I think I went to bed at 8 o'clock last night so I didn't have to think about it.
Watching my son eating this morning was evil torture. I got the earliest appointment at the lab I could so I wouldn't be hanging around all day. They make you drink a bottle of glucose which they swear tastes like oranges. FYI they lie! its like pure sugar and it leaves a film over your mouth after drinking it. Having had nothing in my stomach I felt like I was going to puke everywhere. After you drink this evil concoction they make you wait an hour to take your blood.
AND STILL NO EATING!
By the time I got out of the lab I was basically crawling across the parking lot ready to pass out. God bless dunkin donuts and there multi grain cream cheese bagel. Oh how I love you your a legend :)

No comments: