About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The return: shadows Souls


So I finally finishes Vampire Diaries THE RETURN: SHADOWS SOULS


Description: On the run . . .Elena Gilbert's love, the vampire Stefan Salvatore, has been captured and imprisoned by demonic spirits who are wreaking havoc in Fell's Church. While her friends Bonnie and Meredith explore the evil that has taken over their town, Elena goes in search of Stefan.In order to find him, she entrusts her life to Stefan's brother, Damon Salvatore, the handsome but deadly vampire who wants Elena, body and soul. Along with her childhood friend Matt, they set out for the slums of the Dark Dimension, where Stefan is being held captive. It is rumored to be a world where vampires and demons roam free, but humans must live enslaved to their supernatural masters. . . .Elena will stop at nothing to free Stefan. Yet with each passing day the tension between Elena and Damon grows, and she is faced with a terrible decision: Which brother does she really want?Back in Fell's Church, Bonnie and Meredith have made some dire discoveries. They hastily try to follow Elena and warn her-only to be caught up in Elena's most dangerous adventure yet.


My Opinion:


This book took me a long time to read, I am usually a very fast reader. I wasn't overly excited about starting the book because the last book actually left me in two minds.. I don't hate it, but I'm not in love with it. I find the books very strange indeed, L.J's writing throws me.


I love that the story is more about Damon, the other books were always Elena and Stefan, Elena and Stefan it was getting tiresome. I wanted to know more about Damon other than the fact hes the "bad" brother. Which in this book I did! He fights for Elena, keeps his word, and has his own inner struggles. He is loyal although not perfect he does show he cares about a lot of things, I was left feeling like he got a raw deal I actually felt bad for him.


Elena I can not stand, through out the book she's referred to as "pure" "white" "innocent" shes none of those things!! at every stage she was playing Damon's feelings but because she was Elena nobody questions it. Everybody assumes its Damon's doing but it wasn't.

At one point Damon says "be careful of who you let drink your blood, its addictive as though you can't get enough".... she doesn't say anything... he continues "don't worry I'm sure Stefan will be fine" She replies "how do you know I was thinking about Stefan" then lets him drink from her!!

UGH!! shes a tease!!
We meet new characters such as Sage I thought this added to the story I happened to like the new characters.


The story goes back and fourth between the other dark world where everybody is trying to break Stefan free and Fells Church were the foxes are still up to no good and sending the town crazy.


This was supposed to be L.J smiths last VD book but I don't possibly see how with how it was left, so I assume there is going to be another one on the way.

If you've read the other books then this is worth the read... its strange and very much like her other books but still worth the read. The book has its good and bad points but I give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments: