About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, June 21, 2010

Telling Tales

Every night I read to my 3 year old son. Recently I bought him a book of fairy tales by Brother Grimm. I didn't really ever pay any mind to tales before, I thought every fairy tale has a good positive moral for a child to learn. However after reading Hansel and Gretel to my son it made me stop and think!

This story is about a Father who leaves his kids in the woods because his new wife says there isn't enough food for them all.

The kids find food at an evil witches house who wants to cook them.

They escape after killing the witch and head home with there goodies, to find there Father who is so pleased to see them because his wife actually up and left him and he was alone and hungry.


SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT LOL... this story is about Abandonment, Famine and poor parenting.
and these stories are meant to be good? I mean I'm failing to see the positive side.

No comments: