About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Golden Spiral


His eyes. His touch. His kiss. Dante was unlike anyone Abby had ever met. Now he s gone, and Abby will do anything to get him back . . . The hourglass door has closed behind Dante, sending him back in time to hunt down Zo, Tony, and V. Abby knows that Dante, as a Master of Time, is the only one who can stop them from destroying time itself. She also knows that he will need her help. But almost immediately, things start to change, and Abby s worst fears are realized when Zo begins targeting her past specifically. As Abby s world fractures around her, she must face a terrible truth: either Dante did not make it through the door, or he is lost forever. So with Dante s blueprints in hand, she begins construction on a new door, a new time machine that will either save Dante or doom him. With each new change that ripples into her present, Abby s life continues to spiral out of control. Her relationships with Jason, Natalie, and even her family are threatened to the breaking point and beyond. Zo s power is greater than Abby ever imagined, but as she struggles to free Dante, she receives help from an unexpected and unlikely ally. The bank is eroding. The barriers are thinning. And time is running out.

My Opinion:

I was surprised how the book started - as Zo's thoughts, but it was good in a way to try and understand his way of thinking he really is all about manipulation. Right from the start you see even his "friends" are a means to an end. They all serve a purpose and are disposable.

Even though Tony and V do Zo's bidding I feel bad for them, after all its not because they want to, its because they would rather be with the bully then a target of the bully. V I especially feel bad for since I believe his feelings for Val were & are genuine only to have Zo take Val for himself.

Val became like an oracle for Abby. Throughout the novel she is telling tales that almost seem to be nonsense until they actually happen in Abby's life. The intent of Valerie is still not clear, she seems to be on Abby's side at some points in the book and then at other points she flips a switch and Zo becomes her world & the only thing that is important to her, maybe it has to do with the fear she has of him. I enjoyed a lot reading these parts especially while trying to pick up clues to what was going to happen next... I was really impressed with the angle Lisa Mangum used. She has created a truly unique world where time and reality can be controlled.

I love Leo I am not sure why when I think of him I think of Leo from the show charmed. I find him yummy honestly, and the talking in Italian the way he does adds a nice touch. He is a man with 500 years worth of wisdom in a young mans body..

Still my favorite part of the story is the relationship between Abby and Dante, there love seems very strong and so much more then a teenage love affair.. mature.
The only issue I sort of had was that it took so long to get him out of the door! Almost too long.. with Abby loosing her friends and family, memories being changed. I was kind of left wondering when he was going to finally show up and save the day lol.

Cant wait for the next book totally enjoyed the second part of the saga - book 3 is out summer 2011.

No comments: