About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, October 18, 2010

The hourglass door by Lisa Mangum


I am in love!!! with a boy named Dante Alexander lol. The 1st book Ive read since given birth (time has been limited) but it was recommended to me a long time ago (by heather, thanks) I just came across it.. The hourglass door by Lisa Mangum, I loved the book read it in a matter of days.. it reminded me of hush hush by Becca Fitzpatrick with a mix of Alyson noels immortals series.

It was the first book in a while that Ive read which hasn't followed the trend of vampires, werewolves or Angels... but broke the mold with time travel!!! Kudos. From the cover alone I know i wanted to eat up this book, it has a sexy little caption "his past, her future. Can love bring them together in time?" WHO WOULDN'T LOVE THAT! I couldn't get out of the store fast enough with book in hand.

I truly liked Abby as a main character a lot of novels lately have had sappy girls who don't listen and make stupid choices leaving me frustrated. Didn't feel like that about Abby... Val on the other hand was annoying as can be! but i guess she served a purpose in the story.

Dante was dreamy and I even liked Leo!! yummy Italians LOL :) I loved that we got glimpses of history and past lives, it really give the story depth. Would totally recommend this to any YA book fan.. can not wait to read the next installment.


No comments: