About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Karen Moning's ShadowFever


Ok let me first say the wait for this book was agony!! The cliff hanger we the reader was left on was the mother of all. ShadowFever book 5 in the Fever series is here.. and it couldnt of come fast enough.

About:

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.
Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

My opinion:

OMG this book was amazing! simply could not get any better. I read a 600 page book in a matter of 2short days, I was sad it had to end. There is more twist and turns in this book then a roller coaster at Conney island. Nothing can be guessed before Moning is allowing you to do so... its a slow start but once it gets going its fast paced and will leave you wanting more!


I don't want to talk "about" the actual story because it will give away the story, but trust me every fan of this series will be happy! There are hidden depth's to many characters... we get answers to many questions left lingering from the very 1st book.


AND... I love how characters from the highlander series comes into this last book, YES ladies the kelters arrive in Dublin AS WELL AS ADAM! woohoooooo.


5 stars! well written a great story with great characters, what an imagination KMM has.. such talent. I loved the world she created.. and so will you if you have not ever heard of the books go buy buy buy.


Feel the heat & catch the fever! and remember... stay to the lights :)


No comments: