About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Eternal Kiss of Darkness - J Frost


Eternal Kiss Of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost.



Synopsis
(written from inside book)

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . .

And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.


Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears—this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

My Opinion:

If you haven't heard of The Night Huntress books or Night Huntress world your missing out. This is one of my most favorite adult book series its a nice mix of urban fantasy/ Paranormal romance. This books was a spin off story for a character we have met in the Cat & Bones books.

Mencheres "an old as dirt vampire" who seems to run the show we had met before (Cat & Bones books) but he always seemed very powerful even feared and untouchable. So I was extremely interested to see how this character would develop.

This story was the right mix of romance and action, danger and deep emotion. The plot was well thought out. Kira was a kick ass character much like cat I thought, who could stand up against Mencheres to be his equal. She made him seem more human, after 4000 yrs it was really great to read how he could learn new things from a woman who was only 31.
I loved Kira her sarcasm and Mencheres with insecurities.

Mencheres only sees darkness in his visions. He's tired of the fighting and feels the coldness in the world and wants it all to end. He's dealing with a lot of emotions, and also dealing with his past... he was locked into a doomed marriage and separated from his devious wife for over 900 years. He's got some pent-up feelings & guilt that finally get a release.
Kira also goes through some life changing events and is dealing with it (her sister's illness, ex husband and being a new vamp). It was great to walk through those events with her and see first hand what it's like & watch there romance grow.
AND of course all this is happening when Menchere's is in a war with a dark foe who just happens to be his uncle who wants to steal his power, and wont stop at using Kira to do it.

I was so excited to see the return of Cat, Bones & Vlad!! and the part they played in Menchere and Kira's story.
I was very impressed with the history, and terminology in the book. Frost did in depth research.

I totally loved it just like all her other books!

No comments: