About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lauren Kate Fallen and Torment Review



 
Fallen:
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her
Torment:
How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for?
Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angle boyfriend, Daniel. It took them eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts-immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angles and humans.
At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something-something dangerous.
What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

My Opinion:
First I have to say these books have the most beautiful covers I love it! They are so dramatic and Gothic oh and I think the dresses are amazing... So I instantly wanted to read them.
However I felt they fell short of all the hype. Don't get me wrong they are still good stories well worth the read and Torment WAS better then Fallen it had a lot more direction and the terminology is a lot better, but I am yet to be won over by the series.
A lot of the plot is Luce and her procrastinating over Daniel so its definitely a slow start. I really like Arriane in both books she seems very kick-ass and cool. Shelby was a good edition to Torment shes very much like Arriane.
Cam god bless him even though hes "A demon" he makes a good distraction with his bad boy with a heart image he has going on....because if it was all Daniel Daniel Daniel I think I would of got extremely bored.

Fallen is all about Luce discovering who her friends actually are....
Torment is more about Luce finding out her own history with Daniel..
WHY ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE FIGHTING OVER HER! ugh we get to have so much in sight over things that aren't so important... but when it comes to the BIG questions where left in the dark.
I have a theory want to hear it?
I believe Luce is like part Angel or something and she is the ONE who will decide which fallen gets a chance to get into heaven, she makes the final judgement call and so that's why everybody is fighting over her but nobody actually wants to kill her!
I do believe the third installment will be very much like a Spanish soap novella were everything will be compacted into the final hour lol.....having said that I am a sucker for those shows and I am going to read the book. I think the 3rd book will win me over!!!!! **hopefully**

3* out of 5

No comments: