About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Books to Movies

This weekend I watched Two movies that started life as a book -

Beastly written by Alex Flinn &I am number four written by Pittacus Lore



Movies:

Beastly Starring Vanessa Hudgens and Alex Pettyfer (Jun 28, 2011)

I didn't have a problem with the acting as such, my problem with this movie was the length its only like 1hr 20mins long! It felt short and rushed and many of the aspects of the book I loved where missing in the movie... Kendra's Mirror... the time at the snow cabin..What Kyle was meant to change into was nothing like that of how the book described, I didn't hate the movie I just felt Blah about it.

I am number 4 Starring Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Dianna Agron, et al. (May 24, 2011)

OK so this movie I did enjoy much more then the first one. When I read the book I knew it would look great made into a movie with the alien fight scenes and special powers. They did a pretty neat job and A LOT of the book elements where actually in the movie which I loved... if something isn't broke don't fix it right? I felt Alex fit the role of John Smith a lot better then he did Kyle.


Your views? 

5 comments:

Jadey! said...

I hated the Beastly film, but mainly because my fave bit of the books were the IM/catroom convos as well as what Kyle turns into, Vanessa H wasn't how I imagined Lindy either, which kind of ruined it for me.

I never read I Am Number 4, but totally loved the film, I adore Dianne Agron.

I have to say, I love Alex Pettyfer, but hate that he's in so many remakes, sort of ruins the novelty factor a little.

melissa said...

I agree!!

If you like the movie of I am number 4 you should try get the book, there is way more detail in the book youll love it!

Heather said...

I loved both the book and the movie: I Am Number 4. Didn't pick up Beastly, and kind of don't care to. :)

melissa said...

Yea its a good book if you come across it but nothing life changing if you miss it lol.

Kayla said...

I still haven't seen or read Beastly, but the book is definitely on my list.

I did love both the book and the movie of I Am Number Four. But, I have to say, the second time I watched the movie it wasn't as great for me. Maybe it was because the first time I saw it was in theaters and the second time was just on a regular TV. It just didn't seem as spectacular.

I really like your blog and am now following! :)