About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, July 1, 2011

Demon Glass by Rachel Hawkins


About:

Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch.

That was the whole reason she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered the family secret, and that her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping Prodigium off the face of the earth.

Turns out, Sophie’s a demon, one of only two in the world—the other being her father. What’s worse, she has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is precisely why Sophie decides she must go to London for the Removal, a dangerous procedure that will destroy her powers.

But once Sophie arrives she makes a shocking discovery. Her new friends? They’re demons too. Meaning someone is raising them in secret with creepy plans to use their powers, and probably not for good. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they’re using Archer to do it. But it’s not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


My opinion:

When I finished Hex Hall it killed me to wait for Demon Glass, I was so excited for this book and it did not disappoint. Rachel Hawkins has a one of a kind writing style which I've never seen before, shes Witty and funny her characters seem so real and full of personality.

Sophie is one of my all time favorite characters (so much so I named my little girl sophia!) and I enjoyed reading about her developing relationship with her father who turned out to be not as bad as we all thought!!!
The book is set in London for the most part (big ups for the homeland) Ms Hawkins did this beautifully. She didn't over do the story with needless facts like some authors like to do.
 I love love love the star crossed lover mess with Archer (I totally see why shes into him) and we get to find out more about his past.

 Bring on book 3 because I have a feeling Soph's mom and dad where something of Star crossed loves in the past!!!! EXCITING. So rooting for the parental units

I didn't think I could possibly like Cal as much as I do but my heart goes out to him, I genuinely hope something good is in the works for him.

I want to talk about everything in the book but I don't want to spoil it for anybody! but it is totally awesome :)

5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: