About Me

My Photo
Mommy and Wife of two children and one husband. We are a family who love meeting new people, going new places and trying new things as long as its fun!

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A long, Long sleep - Anna Sheehan



A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan


Release Date: August 9, 2011
Publisher: Candlewick
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 352
Buy the book!




About:

Rosalinda Fitzroy is the daughter of a power couple who own UniCorp. A company that has much control over the society they live in. Rose is put in a chemically induced sleep more often then not
to make life more convenient for her controlling, domineering, abusive parents. Until they decide never to wake her up again. 60 years had past, she slept through the dark times and everybody she knows is now dead. Rose is awakened by a kiss she has to learn to live her life all over again, but first she has to deal with the issues haunting her
from the life she left behind.


My Opinion

This book honestly broke my heart, I just finished it maybe 10 minutes ago and felt I had to write about it straight away. I cried so many times reading Rose's story! She was such a broken character who had suffered so much abuse at the hands of the people who where meant to care for her - her parents.
I became so angry and sad every time she believed she was unworthy of love, rejection was normal for her.
I found it so beautiful learning of the love she and Xavier had it was so powerful and stood the test of time.
I have a lot of gratitude toward Bren and Otto for helping Rose become the strong worthy person she was meant to be.

This book I find hard to define

  • It has a dystopian, science fiction feel to it.
  • It has the most beautiful love story
  • Its about an abuse of power 
  • We see the struggle of a young girl trying to find her way.
The author's style of writing is amazing these characters really came to life and will stay with me for a very long time. No words I write could possibly do this book justice it was just that good! It is my most favorite book I've read this year.

5 out of 5 stars



















6 comments:

Andra said...

Wow sounds super emotional. I need a good cry, I'll definitely have to check it out :)

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

The best books are the ones the stick with you long after you've finished reading!

SweetMarie83 said...

Wow! I'm definitely going to have to check out this book. Thanks for the great review, Melissa!

Kristina said...

Great review! I'll have to check this book out.

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Wow this sounds intense. Hmmm... I think I'm sold. Great review!

Megan @ Book Brats said...

I've heard great things about this book. I'll have to check it out!