About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, August 5, 2011

TGIF #1

I am tagging along with a new Friday feature on my blog its called:

 Fridays are to re-cap the week's posts &  propose a question for my followers to answer.

This Friday's Question:

Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?


I read a lot of books so I tend to forget about them more often then not. But the one I do think about and mention often was "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher.
If I am honest it's not even that the writing impressed me that much, because it really didn't but what stuck with me was the moral of the story.
Last year we heard of so many kids who died or attempted suicide due to bullying and I cant imagine how it would feel to be that alone & lost.
Jay Asher's story gives us a little insight into that when we listen to a teenage girl who with a series of tape recordings explains how all these other kids affected her life & they didn't even know.
There is definitely a lesson within this book! I always say they should put it on a high school reading list.


On the blog this Week


                                              Falling under book review - Gwen Hayes
                                                                  In My Mail box #3



3 comments:

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

I need to get my copy out and read it. I just don't want to be sad. Thanks for sharing. Stop by if you can http://wp.me/p1h3Ps-qT

I Eat Words said...

13 Reasons Why is definitely a good book. Very touching and I think it should be taught in classes.

-Britney

-Melissa @ Reading by Moonlight said...

I have nominated you for the Liebster blog awards! Check it out at my blog