About Me

My Photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram


Friday, August 19, 2011


This Friday's Question:

The Reviews We Don't Write: 
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own? 

I don't have a name for one particular book but I will say this:
I have issues reading and blogging about books that bash religion
of any kind.
I myself was raised a catholic and believe everybody is entitled to believe in whatever they want to believe in, or not if the case maybe.
BUT that's our own personal right. 
I find it totally disrespectful for somebody to write a book that would bash other peoples view or beliefs and therefore I don't read those books, and don't blog about them.
AND in all honesty even if I tried to review a book like this i wouldn't be able to give it a fair review. 

This week on the Blog:
Wildefire book review
Peeled Book review
Swag Winners!
Hump Day Wednesday Contest
Waiting on Wednesday
Dead Reckoning Book Review


SweetMarie83 said...

Great answer, Melissa. We all have our own beliefs, and we don't have to believe the same things - that's what makes us unique - but I don't think anyone has the right to put anyone else down for their beliefs. I haven't come across a book like that, but I agree with you, I wouldn't be able to read or review it, either.

Annette said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. We all have those issues that push our buttons and I prefer my books to not bash anything -- religion, political beliefs, lifestyles, etc.

Have a great week!

Obscured Vixen said...

Great question! I agree about not blogging about religion, and also politics. But then again, I also don't really read religious or political books. In a lot of my reviews I am extremely honest, which I'm sure offend some people, sorry if it has :\ , but I feel like I have to be honest. There are also books that I have read but decided not to blog about. Sometimes because I'm just too busy, or it was an okay book that I feel doesn't really warrant a review because I didn't have strong feelings one way or another.