About Me

My Photo
Mommy and Wife of two children and one husband. We are a family who love meeting new people, going new places and trying new things as long as its fun!

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wildefire - Karsten Knight


About:


Author: Karsten Knight
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Pages: 393
BUY the book!





Ashline is having a bad school year to say the least, her looser now ex boyfriend cheated on her, which resulted in a school yard fight and a few loose teeth. Then Eve the sister who Ran away without a word came back to town bringing violence, a death and more drama then you can imagine with her.


Ash transfers to a private school in California so remote Yogi Bear could call it home hoping to put her past behind her. She makes a friend or two, has caught the attention of a hot studded park ranger and found out she's great at tennis - a skill at last!
Yea well the new start doesn't go exactly as planed Ash discovers that a group of gods and goddesses have enrolled at her new school and just as she's trying to get her head around that she finds out she is one of them!
Then if things couldn't become any worse Eve decides to visit with powers of her own. Not good for an unstable Psycho wanted by police. War is looming over Ash and she has to figure out what she needs to do and FAST!

My Opinion


I followed the blog tour for this book and became so ridiculously excited about it. So when it landed in my mail box I did a little happy dance, headed home and devoured it in 2 days.
This is definitely a book I wanted to read and not put down. 


For a debut novel I was so impressed the foundation was solid and the story flows easily. The characters are kick ass!
 can I say that? well it's my review so I am going too. 


They where developed and everybody had a role nobody was forgotten about. Thats one important factor for me when reading a book.
I love how diverse in ethincity everybody was and my most favorite part was learning about Rolfe, Lily, Raja, Serena and Ade's Background and histories.


Ash as a main character was fantastic strong, feisty, independent and that dry humor of hers had be laughing out loud. Even though she got into some problems on the whole she tried to keep her nose clean and fly under the radar. Unlike her sister Eve who I have to say is one of the most evil sadistic characters I've come across in a while. I hated her with a passion, (which is the point to a villain)  I can't tell you how much it annoyed me that Ash wouldn't stand up for herself more when it came to her older sister.


Now to the Ash and Colt factor I loved Colt I mean the guy is dreamy and who doesn't love reading about a budding romance it was delicious ... BUT I am a 26 year old mother of two, how would I feel about my daughter reading about picking up a hunky older park ranger while drinking under age at a bar?.. uh huh. I loved it like I said but I found the book on the most part PG13
(just some FYI for the younger readers)


Wildefire was a fast paced, action packed read with romance to boot! cant beat it.
I will say this it has the mother of all cliffhangers which has me still slightly dazed... I mean really where did that come from ?!?


Mr kinght book two asap please!!! 


Go read this book it has to be one of my favorite reads this year -
 4 out 5





7 comments:

Mickey @ imabookshark said...

Glad you enjoyed it!! :o)

Kristina said...

I was debating reading this one. Your review makes it sound terrific! I am going to have to read it now!!

melissa said...

I really enjoyed it its so different from the vampire, demon, angel stories that are out right now.

Erin said...

Hi Melissa! I just put Wildefire on my IMM and I am looking forward to Ash's dry humor. Thanks for the review :)

-Erin @ Mint Tea and A Good Book

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

this looks great!! interesting about the PG-13-ness, I understand what you mean.

Kayla said...

I loved this book too! I hope the next book in the series is just as good.

Marybeth P. said...

This has been on my wanted list for a while. Your review excited me even more for the book.