About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, September 29, 2011

(ARC) A Beautiful Dark - Jocelyn Davies

Published by HarperTeen

About:

Skye is a high school student, her parents died when she was young so she doesn't know much about them. She has been raised by her moms best friend "aunt Jo"
Its Skye's 17th birthday and weird things are happening to her, her eyes glow silver for starters and
at her birthday party a perfectly good boiler explodes - did she cause it?
Its at her party she meets two mysterious boys who claim to be cousins but hate each others guts.
The dare devil Asher and the Calm shy Devin. Skye is drawn to both boys but doesn't understand why.
It turns out her parents where once Angels - Asher and Devin are also both angels but from different sides one is of the order and one a rebel.
Does Skye have angel powers and if she does what side will she choose to be on?

My opinion:

When I first read the back of the book I thought ugh another high school girl torn between two guys. I automatically thought of the Vampire diaries, books I have indeed given up on!

Also on the back of the book it says: If your a fan of the Hush Hush and Fallen series you are sure to love A beautiful Dark... being a big fan of both series I decided to give this book ago.
I am so glad I did! I loved this book its an awesome start to a new series (I hope). This book had me hooked from page one and was a fast paced read. I couldn't get enough and read long into the night to finish it.

Skye is just a regular teenager when everything in her life changes very fast. While there are
times Skye gets on my nerves, I commend her because teenagers don't always handle change well and I thought she did an awesome job.
she's such a genuine character who had every right to wallow in self pity over the death of her parents but she didn't. She knew she was lucky to have a guardian like Aunt Jo, and Skye appreciated her I thought that was totally refreshing.
By the end of the book I had admiration for her she showed herself in a strong and loyal new light.

Devin is an angel of the Order (good angel) he lives for rules and following them. His actions are always based on what the Order want. I actually felt sorry for him, he's not allowed to love or feel what he wants to feel. The path is set which he has to follow, I found it incredibly sad.

Asher - Hello Mr chaos he is yummy and I loved him to pieces, I personally would of went to the dark side just for him! Hes not "bad" He just lives how he wants to live and doesn't follow the same rules. His personality is addictive and I can see why Skye felt drawn to him.

Raven was a devilish addition to the mix, what a great villain she was bitchy and perfect at it. I just loved to hate her!
What I found ironic was the 'Good guys' turn out to be more twisted then the 'bad guys'!

Jocelyn Davies did a great job writing a story with two male characters who couldn't be more opposite it really made for interesting reading. I loved the characters, the concept and the writing.
The ending was sensational, WOW is all I can say... it was extremely exciting..what a show stopper I didn't see it coming that's for sure.
I can't wait to find out what happens to our girl and her Angel boys. Jocelyn Davies has a WIN on her hands this book rocked my socks :)



2 comments:

Coranne said...

I can't wait to read this one. I was concerned for the love triangle- they seem to be used so much.

Thanks for the great review!

Andra said...

What a great review! Villians are my favorite characters...especially when you love to hate them! Raven sounds perfect for me :) lol Also, Asher is a great name! It sounds paranormal enough without being like...Kristian, or Damian, or Aleksander lol