About Me

My Photo
Mommy and Wife of two children and one husband. We are a family who love meeting new people, going new places and trying new things as long as its fun!

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, September 5, 2011

ARC: Frost - Wendy Delsol


Author: Wendy Delsol
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Pages: 376
Release date: October 2011.






About:
Frost the sequel book to stork, catches up with Katla Leblanc. It's her first winter in the small town she moved to after her parents divorce. This Cali girl is making her timberlands look hot! She has finally settled in and is happy, life seems to be going smoothly - of course Jack her new hot boyfriend is making everything a lot more easier.
For Christmas Kat asks Jack for a white Christmas and being a descendant from "THE JACK FROST" he can control the weather giving Kat the snow she desires. Only problem being Jack isn't completely in control of his powers yet. Once the snow starts he can't stop it causing an out of control snow storm which results in the death of a child and draws the attention of Brigid a smoking hot scientist who claims to be interested in Stanley's work on the weather. 


Kat doesn't like Brigid, she believes her interests lay less with the weather and more with Jack and shes not happy one bit.
Jacks guilt is weighing heavy on him he spends more time in the lab trying to find more information about his gift meaning less time with Kat. 
Then with an unexpected  trip to  Greenland where both Jack and Brigid go missing, Kat's instincts go on red alert and she knows Jack is in trouble and needs her help.


My Opinion:
I think I loved Frost even more then Stork, the story is a lot more developed and this book was packed with mythology and Icelandic folklore. I really enjoyed learning about Kat's family heritage . 
As a main character I am in love with Kat she is amazing! So funny and feisty even when not intending to be, her personality makes you laugh even when your not meant too.
My most favorite part of the book was when Kat in Iceland enlists the help of a Shaman lady and her grand daughter Jinky to take her on a magical journey to Niflheim. Which involves Kat making a pact with The water queen in order to save Jack.
Pretty serious stuff!
But then Kat says things like "Man that Jinky had me as nervous as a chicken near a bowl of batter and a hot frying pan"
I can't tell you how many times I had to laugh out loud!


Wendy Delsol is a wonderful author her writing style is epic, flowing and very solid I have enjoyed her two books very much.
The new characters only enhanced the story and Brigid was the perfect villain who I happened to hate right away! Which is the whole point right? 


The only issue I have had with both books is the endings which I feel leave you with many unanswered questions. I only hope this was done purposely in order for another book to be written, because we really do need another book! I cant wait to catch up with Kat and Jack again.


4 out of 5. 








5 comments:

Obscured Vixen said...

That's awesome that this book was even better than the first. Great review!

Joy (joyous reads) said...

I haven't read Stork yet. I guess I should get on that before Frost comes out. Awesome review!

Sherre said...

I too havent read stork yet, but I just wrote it on my tbr list. Seems like something i need to read

Bookish Brunette said...

I SO need to read Stork! LOL

Andra said...

Cool. I love it when the second book is even better than the first. It makes you even more excited for anything by that author! It's the absolute WORST when the second book falls flat!