About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunrise at Sunset - Jaz Primo



Sunrise at sunset - Jaz Primo
Rutherford Literary Group
Urban Fantasy
pages 421


Buy the book!



Katrina Rawlings is a Vampire she's been alive a long time, long enough  for her to have a "vampire life crisis" In which she attempted to end her existence only to change her mind at the last minute. Badly injured and far from help an 8 year old Caleb came to her assistance.
Caleb gave Katrina a new thirst for life she watched him grow, mature and become a man. Those feeling of gratitude have now turned into feelings of desire, lust and even love.
But when a foe from Katrina's past puts Caleb's life in danger she knows she must act, whatever the cost she must keep him safe.

I enjoyed this book it was different, a good start to a series I hope it will grow. I did love the concept of the story- A human child helping an all powerful vampire and in turn the Vampire helping the child, giving him the start he needed to proceed in life.

Katrina scares the pants off of me! Although you see her caring side with Caleb, she is also very domineering and quick tempered. Which she admits to numerous times in the book. I truly wouldn't want to get on her bad side. And although she wants what's best for Caleb I can't help but feel her actions are controlling. But she is kick- ass, feisty and a powerful main character.

Caleb I think is a caring, genuine character who I would love to see come into his own. I think he lets his past define who he is. He needs to be more Assertive and maybe even put Kat in her place once or twice! I remember at least on one occasion in the book thinking "Caleb grow a back bone!"

I hope that in their relationship they can learn from each other and adapt to each others needs. I can't wait to see if this actually happens because they could both do with some fine tuning in the relationship department thats  for sure.

I did like Alton he comes into the story later in the book and I hope he is a recurring character I would love to get to know more about him... and his spiffy English accent lol.

Jaz Primo is an Indie author which surprised me, as a blogger I hear so many reason's why people wont read Indie books. I didn't feel that way at all the writing is good, the editing seems to be on target and I loved the cover! I really want this series to grow into the action packed hot romance butt kicking series I would love to read. I liked it alot!

Final thought - Great Start! give it a chance.




7 comments:

Jaz said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful and insightful review, Melissa! Rest assured, the dynamic between Katrina and Caleb grows and matures much more in A Bloody London Sunset. Most readers appreciate how Caleb comes into his own, as well as learning more about Alton in the sequel. Of course, Paige (a fan favorite) reappears, as well. I hope that you’ll give the sequel a try!

Kindly,
Jaz

melissa said...

For sure! I can not wait to continue the adventure :)

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Melissa. Thanks for coming by and entering my cupcake kit giveaway. I'm so glad to have you as a new follower and hope you'll visit often. I'm your newest follower too. (at least I hope I am. I clicked the button at the top but sometimes I come back and don't see that I'm following. Let me know if I'm not)

Good luck in the giveaway...Tracy :)

Melliane said...

I didn't know this book at all, but I really lake urban fantasy books and this one sounds great ! Thanks for your review, I think I will add it to my wishlist !

melissa said...

Yes melliane its a series with a lot of promise.. you can get more information at http://www.jazprimo.com/books.htm

melissa said...

Tracy i am sorry GFC was acting crazy yesterday you should retry :)

Kristina said...

I will have to check this book out! Thanks for the review Melissa!