About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, September 2, 2011

TGIF

Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to answer a proposed question hosted by Greads






This Friday's Question:

Making a Difference: Which book(s) would you put in the hands of 
today's teenagers in hopes of making a difference in their lives?

I've said this before and I will say it again. I feel every teenager should read Jay Ashers 13 Reasons Why - I actually will go as far as putting it on a high school reading list.
We read about way to many kids who loose there life through bullying and suicide. 


Jay Ashers book is about a young girl who commits suicide due to the treatment she receives by her peers.

Teens need to realize that all actions have  consequences.


On the Blog this week 



                                             Meg Cabot - Overbite Review
                             Lisa Mangum - Hourglass Door series review
                                    Author Interview - Lisa Mangum
                             Hump Day Wednesday Contest - Winner!
                                          Waiting on Wednesday
                                        Birthday Giveaway - SWAG!


4 comments:

Kristina said...

I haven't read this book yet, but I do own it and I am excited to finally start it. Just from what I have heard about the book, I completely agree with your answer. I also think Ellen Hopkins books would also be beneficial for teenagers to read.

Kristina
http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

Alissa said...

13 Reasons Why is such a good book, and very easily relatable to teens. Good choice!

Sidne,the BCR said...

Never heard of this book but I'm going to seek it out. Always interested in books that provide themes with life situations and are thought provoking.
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Rie Conley said...

Never heard of this one, but I'll have to check it out!


Thanks for stopping by!