About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF !!





TGIF is a weekly post brought you you by GREADS She asks us a question, we answer and then we give a recap of the week that was on our blogs...



Book Disappointments: Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes?

OK before I start I am not bashing these books or there writing, everybody will have a different view... you might read them and find them to be fantastic.
But my personal feeling to them was I was so excited for them, couldn't wait to buy them but they just didn't live up to my expectations.

A Sookie book comes out every year and I wait with baited breathe. I have loved every one of these dearly, and I think where now on book  - crazy number... I lost count there is so many but I own each one! I was so invested in Sookie and her life and couldn't wait for this book.
When I read it I was left feeling Blah.... This series is coming to a close its clearly noticeable and I personally thought this book just made par for me.

This was the second book... when I read the first I thought good start, room for growth. Only overbite brought no growth. I felt like it was a replay of the 1st book. As much as I wanted to love this book and its characters I couldn't.. Plus I truly couldn't get past the fact that a main love interest - the vampire the book is based around is missing for a majority of the story!


Week Recap

The near witch - book review
IMM # 9
blogger appreciation week
Thirteen Reasons why - Jay Asher
Waiting on Wednesday
Birthday Swag winner








5 comments:

thelibrarianreads said...

I have not done either series yet. I've been eyeing both though. Think I'm still going to take a crack at the Sookie Stackhouse...Feel like it's such a massive series that everyone loves. Gonna take the risk of a bad book or two ;) Doesn't bother me too much if it ends up lost in the crowd.

melissa said...

oh yea on the whole i love the sookie series go for it! :)

Emily @ Books and Threads said...

So with you on the Sookie books! I loved the first six...or seven or however many, but they're starting to noticeably lower in quality. It's too bad!

And hello! I'm Emily and a new follower. My TGIF post is over here if you'd like to check it out!

Katelyn said...

I can't do series that go on for more than four books! I was loving the Marked series as well as the Pretty Little Liars series but after the third or fourth book, I began to lose interest.

Anne Bennett said...

I haven't read the Sookie series but I have certainly noticed with the Janet Evanovich series that the first books are quirky, fun, novel, silly, etc. then as the series goes along the same stuff seem boring, non-novel, dumb, etc. Sometimes authors go to the well to many times. Sigh!

Anne@My Head is Full of Books