About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, October 21, 2011

Audio P.C Cast - Destined Review

Destined - author P.C and kristen Cast
10 cds - 11hrs
FYI for the younger reader: There is some bad language and sexual content in this book.
Description from Macmillan
Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow…

But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia’s handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more – or possibly less – than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there’s something strangely familiar about him…
Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him – and everyone – from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.

My Opinion

This story picks up with Neferet having been gifted Aorox, a human/being made to be a weapon against Zoey and her friends. I am so ready for this woman to have her down fall shes so full of nastiness and its got to happen! 9 books on I am more then ready for it.

I liked getting to know Rephaim and seeing how his relationship with Stevie Rae had changed his way of thinking. It was also interesting to see how his entrance to the group changed the dynamic of everybody. We see Zoey and her friends change, adapt and make choices they might not of before -
Like the truce with Kalona. Even though Kalona is a "bad guy" I do sort of like him and I root for him to find good in the end.

I love Lenobia shes an awesome character and I was happy to see her more in the story. I mean if you going to have a long series such as H.O.N you have to keep adding interesting cool people to the mix.

Aphrodite is my most favorite character even though her mouth is in the potty and she is sarcastic as can be she brings a lot of humor with her dry and witty personality. I enjoyed listening to her character come to life via audio.

My thoughts on the reader:

Although this series has had its ups and downs for me Caitlin Davies is AMAZING, simply epic and I loved her reading style. She brought every character to life in there own way, personalities for me just shined with her reading. She could change from one character to the next with ease and beautifully.
No two characters sounded alike and this awed me - she is truly a very talented reader.
Caitlin definitely renewed my interest for these characters and I enjoyed listening to her.

 If you are a H.O.N fan audio is a fantastic way to bring the characters to life and you could not get a better reader then Caitlin Davies to do this for you.





1 comment:

Mickey @ imabookshark said...

I listened to about 5 of these and lost interest. I hope you like them though! :o) I liked Aphrodite too. Thanks for the review!

Mickey @ imabookshark