About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Becca Fitzpatrick - Silence Audio

8 cds
9.5 hours of listening
Read by Caitlin Greer
Buy the book http://audio.simonandschuster.com/

Check out my review of Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick (HARD COPY)
Description from Book:

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever

My Opinion

I have never listened to a Simon Audio book so when I was offered the chance to review one of there books I jumped at it!  When I found  out it was an audio from one of my favorite authors I was super excited.  -Becca Fitzpatrick - Silence.
I already read the hard cover copy of this book and loved it, but I wasn't ready to let go of these characters for another year. What better way is there to reread a book then in a different way!

 While listening to it I found there was so much I actually missed  from the first time.
I enjoyed putting a voice to Nora.. Caitlin Greer was a wonderful Nora, In the beginning of the story
Nora has no memory and I felt Caitlin was awesome with expressing detachment.

 A major issue I have with audio readers is that sometimes a person can sound too old for the character, but this was not the case with Caitlin she really could of been a 17yr old girl.
Gabe was a scary character who came to life in a terrifying manner! he was so creepy..Caitlin had a distinctive texture and sound in her voice for each character she switched between well enough.
I didn't think much of Nora's mom in this book, I thought she was annoying and some what weak..  Caitlin portrayed Blythe very well.

The only character I did question was Patch, I just didn't think he would sound the way he did LOL! But although I felt this way it didn't stop me from enjoying the story.
What I really liked was,  while reading the book I did have some difficulties with names and angel terminology. It was great that I finally got to learn how to pronounce such words!

Final thoughts:
Even if you have read Silence audio is a wonderful way to revisit a book! I enjoyed it the second
time just as much as the first time.


Great listening

1 comment:

Bookish Brunette said...

I've yet to listen to an audio book! This us something I know I should remedy!