About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review - Silence Becca Fitzpatrick

Hardcover, 438 pages
Published October 4th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
 

First let me say I am totally in love with the book covers to this series they are so beautiful to look at! Amazing.
About

Silence starts 3months after the show down between Patch, Nora and Hank in the shed.
Nora has been kidnapped and held as a bargaining tool. Patch has made a deal with the devil or should I say hank.
Patch has agreed to spy on the Fallen angels and bring the information back to Hank who is building an army to go against them.
In return Hank will let Nora go at the end of summer.
Nora has lost her memory she doesn't know anything from the past 5months this includes her relationship with Patch. We follow her
on the journey of putting all the pieces back together... and with Hank now dating her mother we can only hope she does it quickly!

My Opinion

WOW oh WOW I knew the quality of this book would be amazing but I didn't realize the depths Becca Fitzpatrick would take her characters.
So much is happening you really have to keep up, there is twists and turns I never ever would of thought. This book left me stunned..
It was intriguing following Nora and watching her piece her memories together if not a little frustrating I felt the anger she felt.
I honestly love her in this book she has grown adapted and is now a very strong girl, I now see her as an equal to Patch... I mean it had to happen sometime the girl has a knack of walking into every bad situation that comes her way lol.

Patch is as dreamy as ever and I thought the lengths he went to for Nora was breath taking... his wings! his wings!!!!!! I missed him the first part of the book he wasn't in it as much as I would of liked. But when he arrived he did with a bang there is lots of yummy Patch moments. I love a boy with Silk sheets!

I loved to hate the bad guys in this book, we met some new characters and some old.. Gabe I found utterly terrifying. The lengths Hank went to in order to get what he wanted was crazy. DATING NORA'S MOM!! OMG.
The return of Patch's ex I never would of seen coming! I loved that Nora stood up to her...
This was a book of shockers that's for sure, and not that I want to give too much away but my most favorite part was
Hank + a blue ball of fire + An angel feather = Nora with a gun!!!

I can not fault this book, I love a story which is fast paced with a lot of action and that's exactly what I got. Becca Fitzpatrick is an amazing author her work is always solid. I am so happy to learn there is going to be a 4th book because I am not ready to let go of these characters yet.

EPIC!



3 comments:

BookJunkie said...

I haven't read Crescendo yet....I didn't really get into Hush, Hush all that much. But I read it in the midst of reading Passion (Lauren Kate's angels) and Unearthly (Cynthia Hand's angels) so I think there were just too many angels going on for me at one time, ya know what I mean? I'm going to have to give this series another shot! Thanks for the great review!
Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

melissa said...

yup try again because patch is a super duper hunk!

Sarah Darlington said...

I'm so excited to read this one! I love the covers too, they're what made me buy them in the first place!!!

Sarah @ Confessions of the UnPublished!