About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 10.19.11

OMG so today I am meant to do Waiting on Wednesday - http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

But the little picture link doesn't work on Blogger today, whats up with that??


Anyways: This week I have picked SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi, It sounds so good and I've read lots of ARC reviews of it.

  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 352 pages
  • Publisher: HarperCollins (November 15, 2011)


  • Review From Amazon


    “Addictive, intense, and oozing with romance. I’m envious. I couldn’t put it down.” (Lauren Kate, New York Times bestselling author of FALLEN )

    “Mafi combines a psychological opener with an action-adventure denouement in her YA debut. This is a gripping read from an author who’s not afraid to take risks.” (Publishers Weekly )

    “Rip-roaring adventure and steamy romance scenes, with a relationship teens will root for as much as they did for Bella and Edward. Inventive touches propel the story, such as strikeouts that reveal Juliette’s inner thoughts. The final chapters leave Juliette, Adam, and Warner well poised for round two.” (Booklist )

    “Fast-paced action scenes convey imminent danger vividly....Part cautionary tale, part juicy love story, this will appeal to action and adventure fans.” (Kirkus )

    Product Description


    "You can't touch me," I whisper.
    I'm lying, is what I don't tell him.
    He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him.
    But things happen when people touch me.
    Strange things.
    Bad things.
    No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
    But Juliette has plans of her own.
    After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.














    2 comments:

    Sarah Darlington said...

    I've been wanting to read this one and considering pre-ordering it. Looks so good! And I keep hearing good things about it too!

    Sarah @ Confessions of the UnPublished!

    Boriquaz said...

    This one is already on my list. Great pick. Here's my WoW