About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, November 11, 2011

Operation Christmas Child

This is the time of year my son asks for the world... every toy ad on TV "mommy can Santa bring me that" I know that its not just him but every excited little child his age. That is why I always take part in an event called Operation Christmas Child (Click here for more info)

It doesn't have to be expensive I take him to Walmart and even the dollar store and he picks out things to put in his shoe box. When we get home we decorate the box and pack it, and I explain to him that this box we filled with goodies is going to go to a child with out a lot of things. A child that really needs are help because not everybody is as lucky as we are.

Its become a yearly tradition every year on national collection week November 14- 21 we do this. Then we go drop it off with our $7 shipping fee at a drop off location.
My son always enjoys doing this he feels like hes doing something very worth while (which he is!) and I believe its a very valuable lesson to teach our children not to forget the season of giving and helping others.

Jacob and his letter of thanks from 2010


Why don't you try it with your kids this year?





3 comments:

Truly Bookish said...

Thanks for featuring this awesome program. We started doing this with my son last year when he was three and he loved picking out the toys and goodies for the boxes. We just turned in two boy boxes to his school yesterday and will turn our last box, a girl box, to church on Sunday. Makes him feel so proud that he helps other children.
NC
Truly Bookish

Mundie Moms said...

I love this! We featured this charity last year on MM's and we're going to feature it again this coming week. It's such an awesome thing to do with kids. Kudos to you for teaching your kids about the importance of giving.

melissa said...

thanks so much for your comments :)