About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, November 28, 2011

Review - Dark Lover J.R Ward

J.R Wards Dark Lover - Book 1 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series.



About:

Wrath is the "king" of the Vampires not one to be messed with he is ruthless and feared by many even though he is blind. He is a part of a brotherhood who battle the slayers who come after his race. When his fellow brother D asks him for a favor

The Favor - to help his daughter through the transition, she is half a Vampire but doesn't know. She has been raised in Foster care her entire life and knows nothing of there world.

Wrath refuses at first, but after D's death he feels he owes his fallen warrior this one last thing.

Beth lives alone and has no family, shes fed up with her job at the paper and being used by her fellow co-workers. One night on the way home from yet another late night at the office she is attacked and nearly raped. From that night on everything in her life begins to change rapidly. Starting with the Huge deadly looking warrior who she should fear but can't help but be attracted too.

My Opinion.

I have heard so many wonderful things about this series, So when I won a copy of Dark Lover from fictitious delicious I was so excited! I found the story dark, gritty and sexy. Wrath was a wonderful warrior and his warrior mentality took a little getting used to. I loved that Beth didn't back down from him and was a feisty match. I can't wait to get to know the other brothers if there all like Wrath! J.R Ward as a wonderful start to a series.

The only down side to the story was I found myself reading super fast through the Mr X chapters, just so I could read more about Beth, Wrath and the brothers! I couldn't get enough.










3 comments:

Obscured Vixen said...

I knew you'd fall in love with the Brothers! And yes, you will fall in love with each and every one of them. Each book is about a different Brother, and each book becomes more and more addicting. It's so awesome that you won this book, and I'm so happy you started reading this series! Now I have someone else to talk to about the BDB : )

melissa said...

yay!

Andra said...

eep! You lucky duck you!!! I've been trying to get my hands on Dark Lover for AGES! My library has 3 copies, and there is a waitlist 23 people long! Not.COOL. lol It looks like you liked it though! Maybe I will finally go buy it...Nice review! Maybe if I get a copy soon we can read the series sort of together :D