About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, November 17, 2011

S.O.S - save the Ham!



Guys I need your help! Although I have been in the U.S a long time I have never done a thanksgiving dinner. We always just tend to go to Family. However this year the supermarket gave me a hickory smoked bone in shank.

You can smell my fear?!? I've never cooked a ham ever and I don't know the 1st thing about glazing a ham. Help me please I beg you lol. Any of you guys know of any great and EASY glazing tips or recipes my family would be so grateful!


2 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Oooh, I love glazed ham!!! Before baking, I just toss together brown sugar, a dollop of mustard, and the juice from a can of pineapple rings. Stir it all up and spread over the surface of the ham, AND - if you like - take the pineapple rings and layer them on top, and stud each one with a clove or cherry.

There's so many easy variations on the above - you can use apples, or peaches as well.

Good luck! I'm sure you will do terrific and your ham will be delicious :D

M.A.D. said...

I forgot to add that some people use peach or orange preserves straight from the jar, which is super easy :)