About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, November 4, 2011

TGIF 11.4.11


Gateway Books: Which particular books opened you up to a new genre?

Okay so I wasn't much of a Y/A reader until I read Twilight. I know a lot of people are thinking typical lol. But I have to give these books kudos because they got a lot of people reading again. More importantly they got a lot of children reading... and I feel like isn't that what an awesome book is meant to do?

Then after Twilight I fell upon Cassie Clare The mortal Instruments! OMG these books rocked my world... seriously if you have never read them your missing out. After I finished both these series I was on a rampage to find something just as awesome as my last read.


A lot of people like to make fun of the fact I read Y/A I cant tell you how many times I've gotten why do you read children's books...ugh. OR BETTER YET, how can you read about vampires and shadow hunters and demons, angels, witches its not real!

My answer being: A perfect book gives you a world you can escape to and take your imagination places it wouldn't normally go. I have reality every day of my life doing the every day things... sometimes its nice to get away from it.


Happy Friday and have a Great weekend guys!! :)



No comments: