About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lothaire - Kresley Cole

Description from Goodreads
Driven by his insatiable need for revenge, Lothaire, the Lore’s most ruthless vampire, plots to seize the Horde’s crown. But blood lust and torture have left him on the brink of madness—until he finds Elizabeth Peirce, the key to his victory. He captures the unique young mortal, intending to offer up her very soul in exchange for power, yet Elizabeth soothes his tormented mind and awakens within him emotions Lothaire believed he could no longer experience.

A DEADLY FORCE DWELLS WITHIN HER

Growing up in desperate poverty, Ellie Peirce yearned for a better life, never imagining she’d be convicted of murder—or that an evil immortal would abduct her from death row. But Lothaire is no savior, as he himself plans to sacrifice Ellie in one month’s time. And yet the vampire seems to ache for her touch, showering her with wealth and sexual pleasure. In a bid to save her soul, Ellie surrenders her body to the wicked vampire, while vowing to protect her heart.

CENTURIES OF COLD INDIFFERENCE SHATTERED

Elizabeth tempts Lothaire beyond reason, as only his fated mate could. As the month draws to a close, he must choose between a millennia-old blood vendetta and his irresistible prisoner. Will Lothaire succumb to the miseries of his past . . . or risk everything for a future with her

My Opinion:

I love this series and could not contain my excitement for this book! Lothaire is a character that we see through out the other books but nobody knew very much about him other that hes the most evil being in the Lore.
Which he most certainly is! He is cunning and manipulative as well as a true game player. However we get to see the reason he is the way he is, after suffering mental and physical abuse at the hands of his father and witnessing the death of his mother it becomes apparent why hes trusts nobody. You can't help but feel bad for Lothaire and cheer him on.. even though hes a ruthless killer! lol.

Saroya is now condemned to live within mortal bodies a fallen goddess for her sins. She makes Lothaire believe shes his mate and can help him become king. Which is a lie! Saroya's host is in fact his mate.

A dirt poor hillbilly names Ellie who has never left her mountain nor seen the ocean but has the face of an angel, the body of a model and the mind of a spit fire. She definitely gives Lothaire a run for his money!
Ellie has been through hell her body taken over, murders committed that she has no memory of as well as escaping death row. Not to mention a goddess wants to rip her soul out of her! Gritty stuff.

This wasn't my most favorite of the series but I did enjoy it... who would of thought a poor uneducated girl from the mountains could be paired with a guy who's ego is huge and thinks hes a God in every way!

Kresley Cole is amazing  I love the dynamic of the Lothaire, Saroya/ Ellie relationship which I have to admit had be wondering in the beginning. It was written perfectly! This book had me laughing, crying and did I mention the steamy sex! It was perfectly balanced. A fast paced, action packed Witty read (Ellie and Lothaire had some amazing quirky little interactions)

The only thing that could of made this book better was more of Nix I love her shes my favorite character in the series!






No comments: