About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review of J.R Ward Lover Mine


About:

Lover Mine - J.R Ward - John Matthew's story:

Having grown up in the human system unaware of his vampire nature having to fend for himself and being the victim of abuse, its been a tough long road for John. It hasn't been any easier since his transition however still mute and fighting his inner demons hes at the brotherhood compound but feels more alone then ever.
But when Lash johns enemy kidnaps his love Xhex he knows he has to step up to save her and get her back or die trying.

My Opinion:

J.R Ward keeps getting better! She is an amazing author who always leaves me wanting more. I could not get enough of this book and its totally Ironic that even though John can't talk his voice was the loudest.
There is so much going on in this book - John and his mission against Lash to save the woman he loves. Tohr and his history with Darius as well as how these 3 males all play a part in Xhex's life.
In past books I've found myself skipping the finer details to get to the awesome parts, not in this book however the finer details were what made the story so important.
I was so thrilled to see John become his own man and fight his inner demons he has the perfect partner in Xhex strong yet understanding.
I loved the switch within the book between past and present it was awesome to learn more about Darius since we didn't know all that much because he died in book one..

I also found it heart breaking hearing about the conception of Xhex but heart warming to read about how Darius and Tohr rescued her. John and Xhex definitely have more in common then we see at first glance

There was so much love and angst in this book! I totally adored the kick ass vibe it had.. and will Bley and Quhinn ever get it together the waiting is killing me!!! lol.





2 comments:

Kristan said...

Couldn't agree more! The BDB series is one of my favorites and I have a soft spot in my heart for each one of those sexy vamps. I've always found John so alluring though, maybe its because he can't speak and therefore his actions are always twice as loud. Either way, the romance is always hott!

Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

Italia said...

Lover Mine feels like the end of the Brotherhood stories. Yes-John isn't technically a Brother, but those of us who have read from the beginning know that he is the reincarnation of Darius--and Darius/John's story has been the over arching story of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. From Dark Lover-where Darius 'introduced' Beth and Wrath to Lover Avenged where Xhex-John's fated mate-was kidnapped, Darius/John has been a critical component to the books. So on one hand I'm sorry to see the story end. On the other hand, it's actually a relief that John's angst has come to (hopefully) an end, and he's married to his gal.