About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Review - C.A Kunz The Childe


Book Description

From Amazon

February 18, 2011

Cat Colvin
Average teenager?
Or something else entirely?


Cat Colvin is pretty much your typical run-of-the-mill teenager. Sure, she's taller than most girls, has a mane of fiery red hair that's impossible to tame, is left-handed, and her eyes are two different colors, but that's where the differences end . . . unless you include the minor detail of her slow transformation into a Childe.

High school can definitely be challenging, and for Cat it's no different. This is especially true when she's faced with the daunting task of trying to hide her budding Childe traits as they begin to reveal themselves at the most inopportune times. To make matters worse, her family is oddly dead set against Ryan, the boy she grows to like. But everyone has their secrets: is Ryan really what he seems to be, and what is Cat's family not telling her?

My Opinion

There are very few books I read were I adore the main character but this is what happened when I met Cat Colvin. She is strong, yet caring and very quirky with an awesome set of friends.
Straight away we find out that there is a secret when it comes to Cat that must be protected.

We also learn of  another group that's not to be messed with, Isaac and his friends have there own secret which is some how tied to Cat and there instant dislike to her.
Isaac is the perfect villain with the bad attitude and huge ego he was written perfectly and very wicked, You loved to hate him. .

This book is the mystery of Cat discovering herself and we the reader are along for the ride, The authors definitely kept you guessing. The Childe has everything! Mystery, Fantasy, Vampires, Teenage angst and love...Did I mention Ryan, Dreamy Ryan who goes against his friends and all he knows because of his love for Cat!

I was also very impressed with the parents in this book, YES we have parental units! Y/A books tend to have parents who disappear in the 1st chapter and are never seen again..Well not Rachel and Sam who bring so much humor to the mix with there forever young at heart mentalities

The Childe is extremely well written and a perfectly balanced Young adult book. I was left wanting so much more and was very sad when the book ended. I could go on but I feel I would ramble Can you gush about a book? I am gushing with positivity about this unique book! I need more!!!!

 buy the book HERE

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds great!

C.A. Kunz said...

Melissa,we are so honored by your review of The Childe. Thank you so very much!

melissa said...

no, thank you!!

Marla Martenson said...

I love the cover.

Kristina said...

I have this book on my kindle for iphone. I've heard some good things about it. Your review made me move it to the top of this list!

Great review!

melissa said...

thanks kristina i know bk 2 is already out on kindle too! its called dark days and its $3!