About Me

My Photo
Mommy and Wife of two children and one husband. We are a family who love meeting new people, going new places and trying new things as long as its fun!

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, February 3, 2012

Spread love, Not hate!



Spread <3, Not Hate...
When I heard about this blog hop today I just had to take part!
In society today we hear about so many people who feel they are so alone that they go as far as taking there own lives just because they fear nobody will understand.

I urge everybody to reach out and help those people! Everybody has a story and can help in some little way..I will share with you mine:

I was born at 6months it is hard to imagine giving birth to a child so soon but thats what happened with my mom. I was left with Cerebral Palsy which can effect a person in a number of ways, with me it was more balance, walking etc.
As a child I wore leg braces, and a helmet for seizures as you can imagine young children can be cruel and now as an adult I see that it was because many just didn't understand.
And so I was an easy target for bullies..  would get pushed down and made fun of.. I can remember going home to my mom most days and crying with cuts and bruises.

It would break her heart because she herself had been through many of the same situations with her own health issues. She was my rock who stood by me and made me strong, who gave me the will power to want to prove all these negative people wrong.

And so I worked extra hard at therapy and now at the age of 27 although I still have some what poor balance and  dread the snow! (Bambi alert) I walk perfectly fine in fact you wouldn't know I had CP at all unless I was to tell you.

I also have two beautiful children and a husband who loves me very much. Back then I could never see myself getting through that time. I thought it was the worst thing in the world... But over coming the negative people is ONE OF THE BEST FEELINGS.

And its funny some of these people now see me and want to be my friend, try add me to Face book etc. They forget how they were, which is sad. In a way I should really thank them because they made me who I am today... a strong determined woman who can see that people who bully others its generally because they feel themselves lacking in some way.

I made it through it and so can you.

Please visit http://kcneal.blogspot.com/ to visit other blogs with more stories, or to add your own!



7 comments:

SweetMarie83 said...

Melissa, you're so strong!! I've worked with children with CP, and it's amazing to see how far you've come and to know how wonderful your life is. It's inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story with us. <3

Amy said...

What a wonderful post. You are truly a strong woman, and I am so glad that you kept your head up and didn't let the bullies tear you down. I am so happy to hear that you have a wonderful family and that you are happy.

BookJunkie said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us, Mel! You are so strong and beautiful, and this world is lucky to have someone like you. And your kids are lucky to have such a strong role model for a momma!

Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

Patricia Lynne said...

Wonderful post. My little nephew might have to wear some sort of helmet when he gets older for medical reasons and each time I cringe thinking about how other kids might pick on him for it. It's good to read your story and hear your strength. =)

K.C. Neal said...

This is really inspiring! Thank you so much for joining in and telling your story. <3

Sophie Gonzales said...

Thank you for sharing your story, Melissa. It's inspiring!

Cass said...

It is so great that you overcame that! You are such a strong person! ...you can take the pledge against bullying at the bottom of my post if you get the time
http://shadowkissedcassie.blogspot.com/2012/02/spread-love-not-hate-blog-hop-stand.html