About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

World read aloud day 2012 - LitWorld


Today is World Read Aloud day - LitWorld is a foundation which is trying to help those who can not read. We can change our world one word at a time. Can you believe millions of adults and children can not read! They have not been given the skill that many of us cherish - Think about how many books we have read, how many worlds we have escaped too, how many colorful characters we have met because of books.

Now imagine what it would be like to not be able to read.. my heart hurts for those people. BUT we can all help whether its reading to your child's class or just making a donation on the LitWorld website. We have the power to make change happen!


Join Pam Allyn on Scholastic’s Facebook page from 4pm ET to 4:45pm on March 7th, 2012 as she hosts a live chat — live from The Scholastic Store! She’ll be answering your questions, offering prompts and ideas of my own, and talking about her tips and experiences reading aloud to kids.
And, join the conversation on Twitter with #readaloud and by following us on @litworldsays.

No comments: