About Me

My Photo
Mommy and Wife of two children and one husband. We are a family who love meeting new people, going new places and trying new things as long as its fun!

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, April 9, 2012

C.A Kunz - Dark Days



About:

From the book

Surviving tenth grade is the least of Cat Colvin's worries.

Cat Colvin wants more than anything to just be an "average" teenager and blend in, but having found out the secret of her adoption has Cat questioning her entire life. Unfortunately, there are much deeper and darker secrets being withheld from her that may prove to threaten her very existence. Cat will be forced to make a choice: stay in Astoria and possibly endanger all that she loves, or flee and hide amongst her kind.

Friendships will be tested, family bonds will be tried, and even Cat herself will be pushed to her limits both emotionally and physically; all while trying to maintain a somewhat normal relationship with her boyfriend Ryan. What is actually going on in the quaint port town of Astoria, and are Cat and her loved ones prepared for the dark days that loom ahead?

My Opinion:

I loved the 1st book in this series so was thrilled to jump into book 2 - Dark Days. The book picks up with Cat just after she finds out she is adopted, and lets just say she didn't take the news very well!
Add to the mix a Vampire boyfriend, Werewolf parents and people on both sides out to kill her its safe to say Cat has a lot going on in her life. 

There are a lot of twist and turns as well as plot developments in this book, I enjoyed having so many of my questions about the town and people in it finally answered..nothing is as it seems that's for sure.
The characters are well developed and a mixture of funny and strong personalities I loved them all.. I am happy to see Matt coming into his own stride and who knew Jewels secret!! Well I  didn't see that one coming.
I am still very smitten with Ryan this book offered a lot more of him and I am not complaining! Total sweetie.

The new characters Duffy and Leif were very interesting, quirky and fun. Not to mention they had there own secret.  I loved there use of British terminology everything was spot on and well...simply awesome. This book ends on a huge cliff hanger with Cat running for her life and I am so excited for book 3 all I can say is please hurry!!

If your a fan of the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins then I am sure you'll love Cat and her gang of friends.. Its a funny, fast paced and exciting read.





buy the book here!


2 comments:

Jacob's Nanna said...

I bought The Childe and Dark days on Amazon for my Ereader.

Great Price

C.A. Kunz said...

Thank You So Very Much for Your Wonderful Review! It was a perfect way to start off our week! Cheers and a BIG HUG to YOU :)