About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Black heart - Holly Black

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

From Amazon

Book Description
Publication Date: April 3, 2012 | Series: Curse Workers (Book 3)
Love is dangerous and trust is priceless in Holly Black’s “powerful, edgy dark” fantasy series (Publishers Weekly).
Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.

My Opinion:

Holly Black captured my full attention with Cassel. He was a wonderful gritty character I just had to get to know, stuck between right and wrong and trying to find his own way. This series was very much soprano like and I couldn't get enough.

Cassel wants to save everybody even those that don't deserve saving he's the one dependable son that has to fix his mothers messes constantly, finding a diamond she stole from a head mob boss, making a deal with the Feds for her immunity, going after the governer of NJ who is out to kill her. This woman is a train wreck!
Cassel has a lot on his plate the lines of right and wrong are constantly blurred the good guys, well not so good.
Cassel learns the only one you can trust is yourself. The one that is constant is his love for the girl he loves

I assume this third book was the last in the series I am sad to see it end, Cassel happens to be one of my favorite characters. Ms Black did an epic and unique job creating the curse workers... One of a kind for sure I couldn't get enough. Go buy it!!!!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Jacobs Nanna said...

Great read

Andra said...

I've gotta get some holly black into my life apparently...haven't gotten around to reading anything of hers but I've been seeing rave reviews for years...maybe someday soon!