About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Clockwork Prince

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

From Amazon:

Publication Date: December 6, 2011 | Series: Infernal Devices (Book 2)

In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

My Opinion:

I really enjoy Cassie Clare's writing style you know when you pick up her book she will take you on a well thought out adventure. Her detailing is incredible, the world and characters intriguing.
Clock work prince picks up with charlotte's authority being questioned by the Lightwoods for the institute. Which leads Jem, Will and Tessa on the trail of finding the mysterious Magister. (A perfect villain if you ask me!)

We find out so much about Will and his family in this book my heart breaks for him. He seeks the help of Magnes for guidance with these issues.... Yes yes!! Magnes how I love thee. My most favorite character is a cross over and plays a huge role in Will's life.

Tessa is once again reminded her brother is a loser, while uncovering some of her own family secrets. I love head strong Tess she is fierce and brave BUT she is utterly lost when it comes to the opposite sex and I have to admit I am not a fan of the love triangle. More then once in this book I yelled at Tess to make up her mind and stick to it! I don't want neither of our boys to end up with there hearts broken or worst yet a broken friendship.

I did like the addition of the Lightwood boys I do hope they stick around if only to see a love interest for poor Sophie.

This book was extremely well written, action packed and a delight for the imagination. While the epic love triangle is frustrating the dynamic of the characters and story kept me entertained until the end. I look forward to the next installment!

No comments: