About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to school shopping


Yes its that time! I know its early but this weekend I went school supply shopping. A lot of parents do tend to leave this until the last minute but here is my reasoning as to why its better to do it now:

  • Just like Christmas there is always last minute shoppers pushing and shoving isn't shopping hard enough with kids? go early and avoid the crowds.
  • Who wants to have to go to 1, 2, 3, stores in order to get what we need because there is nothing left! Get there early and get just want we need while supplies are high.
  • Check out those early deals! My sons book bag online and in other well know stores was priced at $20 and the lunch bag at $15. Toys R Us was offering a deal where if I was to buy the Backpack at $15 I would get the Lunch Bag FREE - All round WIN if you as me.

Book Bag was at Toys R US - $15
Mickey Mouse Crayons and Makers - $1 each Don't forget those Value bins at the front entrance of the store.

Lego Folder was only $2 at Target and my son was thrilled. Target have really stepped up there game especially with there own brand items - pencils 50c, Scissors $1 glue $1 etc.

For everything I spent about $30 and I was so impressed because us moms know just how expensive Back to school can be. The only thing I have left to do is shoe shopping and an outfit.. I for one feel relieved to have completed this mommy mission early on :)


No comments: