About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Laura Deluca - Phantom

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Book Description - from Amazon
Publication Date: March 30, 2012

The "Phantom" was a musical phenomenon that Rebecca had always found enchanting. She had no idea that her life was about to mirror the play that was her obsession. When her high school drama club chooses "Phantom" as their annual production, Rebecca finds herself in the middle of an unlikely love triangle and the target of a sadistic stalker who uses the lines from the play as their calling card. Rebecca lands the lead role of Christine, the opera diva, and like her character, she is torn between her two co-stars-Tom the surfer and basketball star who plays the lovable hero, and Justyn, the strangely appealing Goth who is more than realistic in the role of the tortured artist. Almost immediately after casting, strange things start to happen both on and off the stage. Curtains fall. Mirrors are shattered. People are hurt in true phantom style. They all seem like accidents until Rebecca receives notes and phone calls that hint at something more sinister. Is Justyn bringing to life the twisted character of the phantom? Or in real life are the roles of the hero and the villain reversed? Rebecca doesn't know who to trust, but she knows she's running out of time as she gets closer and closer to opening night. Only when the mask is stripped away, will the twenty first century phantom finally be revealed.


My opinion:

Laura Deluca is an author that has had me hooked from the first book (Destiny) she wrote. What I like about her writing style is that whatever and wherever her stories take you, you know it's accurate to detail and well researched.

Phantom was no different this book is a page turner for sure! It's not a retelling of an old story it's something a lot more.
Romance, mystery and suspense all in one book! Well detailed characters who are all very important to the story.

Rebecca is a shy understated and unnoticed high school girl who pines for the popular boy and wants to try for the main role in her favorite play. Who finds herself suddenly living her dream and stuck in a love triangle while chaos is happening all around her.

Justyn is a character that I found so alluring even though you know there is something strange about him you can't help but secretly root for him.

I have to be honest the cover didn't buy me in the beginning I felt it didnt fit the story..but the story did give this book a chance guys! You won't be disappointed It's awesome

2 comments:

Jacobs Nanna said...

I always enjoy hearing of lesser known authors, this seems interesting.

Andra said...

I've actually got this book in my lineup! I have had some trouble recently with downloading things to my kindle but it seems to have cleared up and I can get reading again! Great review chick! You've got me itching to pick it up!