About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, August 6, 2012

50 Shades of grey trilogy

Fifty Shades books Pictures, Images and Photos
Description from Amazon:

Now available as a three-volume paperback boxed set, E L James’s New York Times #1 bestselling trilogy has been hailed by Entertainment Weekly as being “in a class by itself.” Beginning with the GoodReads Choice Award Romance Finalist Fifty Shades of Grey, the Fifty Shades Trilogy will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This boxed set includes the following novels:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality.

This book is intended for mature audiences.

My personal Opinion:

Oh my where to begin! Yes I will admit I folded and bought these books. Like every other hot blooded woman I wanted to find out what it was about Christian Grey that had everybody swooning since Edward Cullen.

I will be honest at the beginning I did not like Mr. Grey at all! I asked the question many times as to why my friends liked him! He was bossy and degrading and frankly well a sadist lol.

I wasn't impressed with Ana either, many a time I shouted for her to get a grip of herself and Mr charming. Slowly though the tables turned... I couldn't put down these books that where my guilty pleasure - I read a book a day.

Maybe Ana was seeing something in 50shades that I couldn't?

Then we learn of his struggle with his past, his demons and how he uses sex as a coping aid.
Don't get me wrong reading about the sex was frankly a learning experience lol. But Christian and his past kept me reading I wanted to know why he was the way he was... Ana being the key.

Although Ana was at times wishy washy she had her moments, when she stood her ground and made herself known - a cocktail throwing badass to the good ole Mrs Robinson!
My inner goddess had her pompoms out cheering on Miss Steele. I wanted Ana to get her man, she was the girl next door who was going to win the millionaire tycoon! Go team Ana!!!!

I love Elliot, Ethan, Jose and co...not forgetting Kate who was a hoot!

These books are a page turner, they are an experience- you'll laugh, cry, cringe and yell... The author wants to shock you and will. While there not everybody's cup of tea I enjoyed them enough they made a lasting impression.

I am converted I do want to fix 50shades!!! lol lol. He just has something and I want more of him. I was so pleased with the ending and I adored the extra tidbit the author included at the end of the book- insight into Christen's mind.

As Christen Grey would say "don't over think things" and that the advice I give to those wanting to read these books.

Laters, baby

1 comment:

Jacob's Nanna said...

How much I love Mr Grey!