About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, August 24, 2012

Bared to You book review

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Book Description from Amazon

Publication Date: June 12, 2012 | Series: A Crossfire Novel
"If I were to recommend any book today to readers who enjoyed 50 Shades...this would be the first one I would offer....scorching love scenes."--Dear Author

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private worlds...and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

My Opinion:

I've heard so many people compare this book to 50 Shades of Grey. It's true if your having 50 withdrawal you'll love Gideon Cross. I know I did...

Gideon on the surface has it all drop dead gorgeous and a billionaire who has women falling at his feet. Nobody sees the broken mess he is underneath the Prada suit until Eva.

Eva has her own issues being a victim of sexual abuse as a child. Even so I find her intelligent, witty and strong. I enjoyed getting to know her as well as the people in her life.

Her BFF Cary adds much needed humor and relief to the book in his own crazy way. He is a colorful character that's for sure... One of my favorites.

Everybody in this story is fighting some sort of issue or demon it makes for interesting reading I read the whole story in a day I just couldn't stop those pages from turning.

While Eva and Gideon's relationship is volatile, hot, heavy and at times damn right erotic I didn't find it too much, often I get a feeling of over kill with books like this. Not this time...this was there way of communicating, having had there rights violated as children in a sexual nature I felt they had a hard time expressing themselves in other ways.

I applaud the author for dealing with difficult subjects such as child abuse and rape. In my opinion it was well written and while this story might not be for everybody I enjoyed it a lot!

I can not wait for book 2 out in October and as Cary said " I live in hope for the happy endings for the F*d up club"

2 comments:

Jacob's Nanna said...

I thought this had more of a story then 50 shades of grey enjoyable read

Joyous Reads said...

I liked this book too, Mel! But it is way too similar to 50 Shades. Nevertheless, I'm dying to read the next book!