About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ARC Risking it all -Jennifer Schmidt

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
From the book:

COMING SOON -- September 2012

Kennedy Monroe barely got her foot in her college dorm her freshman year before she was being warned about a certain dark-haired, blue-eyed self-proclaimed Casanova. There were only so many tales of heartache - and incredibly steamy nights - she could listen to before she started to believe them. But after a run in with the most sought after college womanizer, her ill feelings toward him change and soon a friendship forms that surprises everyone. Twelve years later Kennedy and Memphis Adams are closer than ever - and only friends despite what those around them think, including Kennedy's boyfriend Ian Brooks. When Kennedy accepts an invitation to vacation in Alaska from Memphis, her relationship with Brooks is tested as is her restraint when it comes to the desire she has always had for her best friend. Alone with Memphis in Alaska, Kennedy finds it increasingly harder to ignore temptation and wants nothing more than to give into her secret desires with the one man that has always been off limits. But is one night of passion worth the possible risk of losing their friendship over? Feeling torn between doing the right thing and doing what she wants, Kennedy fears losing her best friend. She knows she needs to sort out her feelings for the two men in her life and deal with the consequences of her actions, but how can she when everything seems to be falling apart so fast? And how much can Memphis take before he's pushed too far and can no longer take Kennedy's inability to make a decision about what and who she wants? Kennedy discovers the harsh reality of how one night can change everything and leave her risking it all.

My Opinion

Kennedy met Memphis at university 12 years ago.. He had a rep as the school Romeo and she vowed never to be a notch on his bed post. Even though she secretly harbored a crush for him all these years she never crossed the line, he was her best friend, he was still there when everybody else walked away she couldn't risk the most important friendship in her life.. Until a trip to Alaska changes all her pre existing notions.
Reeling after yet another let down from her boyfriend of two years Kennedy lets her emotions run high.

This story is the classic best friend - boyfriend should we shouldn't we tale. I enjoyed every second of it, it's a fast read and the characters have a quality that makes you drawn to them right away.

Memphis - even though he has the love them and leave them attitude you know there's more to him then that. He treats Kennedy with the up most respect always looking out for her and her well being. But he does have that rock star bad boy quality about him that can make a girl swoon!

Kennedy - I really did like her although at times she made me want to pull my hair out from the roots! She sure knows how to make life hard on herself.. Brooks her forgetful distant boyfriend or Memphis who's willing to do anything she needs him to do at any time... To me the choice was a no brainer but when you've been friends with somebody for so long I guess feeling hesitant is understandable.
Her quirky sense of humor was her saving grace I loved her one lines and quick come backs, I enjoyed her interaction with Memphis.. And I really liked watching this girl grow to stand on her own two feet and become the woman she wanted to be.

I was impressed with the writing the author did an awesome job even with the smaller characters such as Ryder or Vanessa... You know a story is good if you can remember side characters! This book fed cliche romantic in me and I mean that in a good way..

This book reminded me of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire so if you liked that book be sure to check this book out you'll love it!

1 comment:

Jacob's Nana said...

I enjoyed the Jamie Mcguire book very much i will keep a look out for this one.