About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Because its in my blood- Gabrielle Zevin Audio book


It felt like I've waited forever for book 2! I really enjoyed 'All these things I've done' so I was excited to catch up with Anya again.

We catch up with Anya when she's getting out of Liberty. After serving her time she now knows there is no going back, she has to change and toughen herself to protect herself and her siblings.

There is a growth and maturity development with Anya which wasn't there before and I enjoyed her no nonsense attitude.
She finds herself caught up in a political battle she never intended. It doesn't look good for Wins father if his sons girlfriend is a known criminal.

The odds are stacked against Anya and unfairly so - her boyfriend has a new love, she's thrown back in the system, and there are death threats against her family.. she doesn't know exactly what to do in order to resolve these issues.

All she wants is to go back to school but instead finds herself in Mexico learning more about the family trade. I loved the additional Mexican characters and the fact Zevin wasn't afraid with pressing on issues that could be difficult to write about.

I really enjoy the world Zevin has created its different and one of a kind - chocolate and coffee is a crime that mobsters deal in!! terms like omg and Lol are old school and if your born in the 1980's your old as dirt!!!!

If you want fast paced action this is probably not for you. There is action and twists and turns but it's a slow gratification.

Ilyana Kadushin is a wonderful story teller. Her voice honestly keeps me enthralled in the story she's sharing.. She is my all time favorite, you won't be disappointed!
I like book 2 as much as I enjoyed book 1 which is an awesome fate for me! Normally never happens, I can't wait for the next book.

3 comments:

Jacob's Nanna said...

Great book

Loraine said...

Gah! I can't wait for the next one. Something about Birthright trilogy is addicting. Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/02/because-it-is-my-blood-by-gabrielle.html

Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Burien Plumber said...

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...
Thanks for the review. I haven't started reading this series yet, now I don't know if I want to read it.