About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy hit!

Hello guys, I have been M.I.A for the past few days. I'm late with book reviews and everything else. Please know I am sorry for the delay. As you know Sandy made its impact on the east coast.

I've been without power for a total of 3 days so far! And still counting they say it could be up to 10. With two small children its been a nightmare, my two year old is terrified of the dark and my kindergartener misses his friends, his games, his favorite cartoons.

Yesterday was hard for them they wanted to go trick and treating so bad. Of course they could not... What makes me angry was when I asked the question was Halloween cancelled a lady said
"people have lost there homes why is Halloween even important to you"

In reply I will say: I am fully aware of the damage of Sandy and understand. I have no power, no gas, no phone and my food was ruined! After this depressing time I wanted to know firstly if it was safe for my children as a mother that's most important and second if it was being rescheduled. There was no way I was going to take away the only joy my kids where looking forward to! We as adults find it hard.. Think how it is for kids who don't understand.

Anyways I hope to be back soon.. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

Disasters are hard enough as is, but with little ones my heart goes out to you! <3

I sincerely hope things quickly turn around - do you think maybe in a week (or however long it takes) you could host a small Halloween-Came-Late party for yours & other neighborhood children? Just an idea :)