About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, December 28, 2012

Blindfolded innocence - Alessandra Torre

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

About: from Amazon

FIRST TIME IN PRINT UNABRIDGED EDITION
"I'm not sure what you have been told about me, but I'm not nearly as bad as they make me out to be." His deliciously deep voice carried a little bit of ego.

I'm sure you are exactly as bad as they make you out to be....

Brad De Luca is used to getting whatever, and whomever, he wants. The premier divorce attorney in town, he is a forty-year-old playboy who's bedded half the city-including his own clients. And when the newest intern at his firm poses a challenge, his seductive prowess goes into overdrive.

Pre-law student Julia Campbell is fresh off a failed engagement and happy with her new independence. Even if she weren't warned away from Brad at every turn, she'd know he was bad news. The last thing she needs is an older man who could destroy her job prospects, not to mention her innocence. But before she knows it, the incorrigible charmer has her under his spell. His deviant tastes plunge her deep into a forbidden world of sexual exploration...but her heart may not survive the fall.

Contains Graphic Content


My opinion:

First of all do not pick up this book thinking this is another Christian Grey. Brad is no Christian Grey he doesn't needed to be fixed and as far as I can tell from this story he has no demons. He's a man who knows what he wants and as a hot shot lawyer it normally means he gets what he wants. There is no apology for his life style or kinky preferences. This book is a shocking and riveting read that I couldn't of put down even if I wanted too, I can see why Julia was attracted to this man he's an enigma, a power source you can't help be drawn too.

He comes across as a pig at times but he's an honest pig which I liked what you see is what you got. Why should he offer apologies just because his needs are not seen as the social norm? This is no Betty Crocker romance it's gritty and dirty and while Julia and Brad seem so different in certain ways I found them compatible.
Julia seemed to want more from her sexual life which always fell short. Brad opened her up to experiences she ever thought were possible for her.

What I didn't expect was the vulnerability we seen within him later in the story. He viewed Julia differently, she wasn't just another girl. He needed her in his life maybe not in the conventional way but it was more then what he thought himself capable of.... Maybe it's the romantic in me but I hold onto the hope she becomes all he needs...I need more of this couple it can't end like this!!

It was $2.50 well spent for my new kindle.

Want to buy it on paperback?

Product Details

Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Harlequin HQN; Original edition (June 18, 2013)


No comments: