About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, December 21, 2012

NetGalley read: Highlander most wanted -Maya Banks

ARC from NetGalley thanks to Random House
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

About (from Goodreads)

In Highlander Most Wanted, a reclusive woman content to live in the shadows shows a Highland warrior the true meaning of love.

Genevieve McInnes is locked behind the fortified walls of McHugh Keep, captive of a cruel laird who takes great pleasure in ruining her for any other man. Yet when Bowen Montgomery storms the gates on a mission of clan warfare, Genevieve finds that her spirit is bent but not broken. Still, her path toward freedom remains uncertain. Unable to bear the shame of returning to a family that believes her dead or to abandon others at the keep to an imposing new laird, Genevieve opts for the peaceful life of an abbess. But Bowen’s rugged sensuality stirs something deep inside her that longs to be awakened by his patient, gentle caress—something warm, wicked, and tempting.

Bowen seizes his enemy’s keep, unprepared for the brooding and reclusive woman who captures his heart. He’s enchanted by her fierce determination, her unusual beauty, and her quiet, unfailing strength. But wooing her will take more than a seasoned seducer’s skill. For loving Genevieve, he discovers, means giving her back the freedom that was stolen from her—even if it means losing her forever.


My Opinion:

Maya Banks has done it again with Book #2 in the Montgomery and Armstrong series! I am just enthralled with these warrior brothers. They are tough and skilled on the battle field but loyal sweet and caring to there hearts desires. This book picks up where 'Never seduce a Scott' left off
This story was about Genevieve and her torturous year at the hands of Ian McHugh and being an outcast of the McHugh clan.

I'm in awe of Ms Banks and her writing about this difficult subject. Dealing with rape, bullying, abuse it was a fine line which was done beautifully. It brought out so much emotion in me and although Genevieve looked to Bowen to help her in her quest for freedom, we never doubt how strong of a person she is she was beyond inspiring in my eyes.

Bowen was an amazing male lead character and a sincere soul. In his time Many a man would of looked at Genevieve and her situation in a different way. But he took care of her, protected her and made a promise to show her happiness. He fought for what he loved even if it was a hard path to take.

I enjoyed catching up with the older characters from book one again, as well as learning more about the newer characters introduced. I am excited to see who she writes about in the next book this series is a WINNER for me.

1 comment:

Joyous Reads said...

This sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing, Mel! Adding these books to my pile. :)