About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Letter Recognition Issues



This is the second year my son has been attending school.. he went to Pre K half days which he seemed to excel at and now hes in Kindergarten full days. His teacher and I have noticed hes having problems with learning sounds and letter recognition.
He is doing very well in other academic areas such as math, shapes, patterns etc. However this whole writing-language thing has really got me worried.

His teacher assures me he will receive extra help and I have gotten him to do work books at home. It seems to go in one ear and out the other I don't know if its an  actual issue or if hes just not trying to apply himself to his work.

Any ideas?? Has this happened with any of your children??



2 comments:

Heather Faesy said...

Cooper is in first grade and still gets his B's and D's mixed up. Don't feel too bad. Some kids just pick up on it slower than others. Just keep up the hard work and one day, it'll click. Good luck!

melissa said...

Thanks heather I just feel so bad because there talking about a intervention group to help him, and while I am thrilled he's getting help. Is it so bad he's making these mistakes I didn't think so.. He's only been going full days since September!

You made me feel better about it ;)