About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, January 25, 2013

Want to warm up?

How cold has it been this week! I have wanted to hibernate all week and not get out of the comfy blankets on my bed.
Looking on Pinterest this morning I wanted to find a great recipe to warm us up for dinner tonight and found this:









 

Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
  • Yield Serves 8           
 
  • Ingredients
  • 4 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 2 dried bay leaves
  • 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 3/4 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 3/4 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought beef stock (14 ounces)
  • 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup dry rose or white wine
  • 6 canned whole plum tomatoes, crushed
  • 6 medium carrots (about 12 ounces), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 2 medium parsnips (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
  • 1 medium turnip (about 10 ounces), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
 
Directions found on Martha's Website

No comments: