About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Arc NetGalley - Bonds of need (bk2 Wicked Play)

Bonds of Need (Wicked Play, #2)Bonds of Need by Lynda Aicher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so excited when I received this Arc from NetGalley! I fell in love with these characters in the first book and was left with the intense feeling I had to know more.

Bonds of need is about Kendra, we know who's no stranger to the Dom / Sub world. we know she has many secrets and this book is about us the reader finding out what they are..

Eric her ex has Kendra in hiding after abusing her trust as well as her body and with her self esteem in tatters she wants to firmly leave her past behind her. Nobody will believe her anyways up against the golden boy with the Harvard Degree and old school money.

Her friend Cali brings her to a party at her boyfriends club which happens to be the biggest Bondage club in town and highly exclusive, this is a test for Kendra, she can do this and prove to herself she doesnt need what the club offers.
Deklan has noticed Kendra and can't help but be drawn to her. He sees she has issues and imminently has to help her, save her, protect her and show her the correct way of his life style.

The relationship between these two was simply dynamic and deep. It was an emotional rollercoster of need that took my breathe away. A lot of stories similar to this come across as abusive or a male on a power trip..With Bonds of trust it simply wasn't the case. Lynda Aicher wrote this book beautifully it was a learning experience that really speaks to the reader.

We watch Kendra become secure in her wants and needs and grow as a person with the strength to face the demons that's kept her running for a year. We also see Deklan change with patience he didn't know he had and love in a way he didn't know he could.. Both people need something from each other, and the trust they delevop between them is something else.

The female characters may come across as weak at first but that's simply not true, they over come their own boundaries to go after want they want even if its not seen as the social norm. They fight for what they feel is important to them and don't give up.

The male characters are strong and there presence is noticed right away but they never abuse their power and for as big as they are there extremely caring and in tune to what there women need.

These characters you'll love and they will stay with you even after the last pages I highly recommend it and can't wait for book 3... One can only hope it's Seth and Allie!

View all my reviews




No comments: