About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Friday, February 8, 2013

Cover & sneak peek

I read this snippet and really liked it! Kimberly Pauley seems to have a great humor to her writing which I really like.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sneak peek


Myth: Vampires are anti-social creatures.

Truth: Hey, we’re as friendly as the next fanged bloodsucker.

I hate airports. Actually, I hate airport security. I especially hate that point where you have to empty your pockets of everything, step through some weird time-machine looking contraption, and smile politely or risk being frisked by total strangers. But mostly I hate the part where everyone takes off their shoes.

Having a vampire-ized supersniffer really, really, really sucks sometimes.

“Whew!” wheezes Uncle Mortie in my ear. “Do I sense a touch of brie there? Or some Camembert?” He elbows me and wiggles his eyebrows at a guy standing in front of us in purple and blue argyle socks with a hole in the heel.

“You’ve just got France on the brain,” I whisper back a lot more quietly. It’s not like it’s the guy’s fault we can smell his feet so clearly. “Besides, smells more like Fritos to me.”

“Oh, I don’t know. I think I detect a whiff of something cheesy,” says George, bumping me with his hip. I grin at him and tilt my head up for a quick kiss.

“Yeah, the two of you,” says Uncle Mortie, sniffing. “Total cheese, as you would say, Mina.”

“You’re just jealous,” I say, grinning at him. There’s no way Uncle Mortie is going to spoil my day. After all, I’m on the way to Paris, France,
city of love with my boyfriend.



Check more out about the author and other books in the series here: http://www.kimberlypauley.com/my-books/sucks-to-be-me/

1 comment:

Heather Faesy said...

I hadn't heard of this one yet. Looks really funny! I love this kind of humor.