About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Monday, April 22, 2013

Erin McCarthy True

TrueTrue by Erin McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me the chance to review this book. I am loving the New Adult genre right now and this story didn't disappoint. If you enjoyed reading Beautiful disaster and Easy you'll really like this read.

Rory is a straight A student but her social skills are lacking, having been raised by her scientist father after her mothers death high school was tough. She closed herself off feeling little in common with her peers. But she's using college as a fresh start.. Live a little, make friends and at 20 she definetly wants to have a boyfriend.

Tyler is the school stud and bad boy with his tattoos, piercing and rocker tees. He's everything Rory feels she's not boys like him don't look at girls like her, but one night he comes to her rescue giving them the chance to get to know each other better and learns never to judge a book by its cover.

I'm in love with these characters on the surface they couldn't be more different but they had so many similarities once you got to know them. There love was tender and touching, like most girls her age Rory was very judgmental of herself but Tyler was always there to point out her positives.

In return she was there to offer him support when it came to his family circumstance that was so different to hers. She could of walked away but didn't..Tyler and his family firmly living on the wrong side of the tracks.

Tyler was so giving, loyal and a total victim of his environment it hurt to read. Caring for his younger siblings and drug addict mother..it touched me deeply to know Rory was there for him and wouldn't give up on him.

This book had so many lessons that were written wonderfully. Never judge a book by its cover, fight for what you believe in even if others doubt you and sometimes we can learn lessons and have relationships with those who seem completely different to you.

Impressive writing and I loved the alternative chapters between Tyler and Rory we where able to get a great insight into both of there mind sets.


View all my reviews



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Easy thanks for the recommendation.

Sam