About Me

My photo

I'm a mother of two and a wife of 1 lol. Originally from England,  Right now I am a stay at home mama although I've worked in numerous childcare positions in the past. My passion is books I can read for hours given the chance. In my free time I product test and write reviews for fun, I also write a blog. 
We are big soccer fans at my house, We love outdoor advantages such as hiking, biking and attending sporting events. My daughter is a mini me we share a love for all things country!

My husband and I recently joined the gym so fitness is a big part of our day..

Find me on Instagram

Instagram

Sunday, August 25, 2013

ARC Charlotte Stein Run to you

Run To YouRun To You by Charlotte Stein
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alissa is a woman who plays it safe be it friends or job she knows her place it doesn't particularly make her happy but she's comfortable. Her only real friend up and left her for an adventure travelling and feeling abandoned Alissa takes a closer look at her friends life in the form of a diary.

Why would her friend have a standing appointment at a hotel every Friday? Taking over her friends identity she finds herself at the hotel. Out of her element surrounded by rich people in rich clothes she trips and falls off her too high heels into him.. The most beautiful man she has ever seen.

Janos is rich and powerful but closed off seemingly bored with "perfect" there isn't an explanation as to why he's closed off from friendships or relationships but he is. His curiosity is at its highest when he goes to an arrangement hotel meeting only to find the room empty so he leaves his card.

"Girl in the wardrobe call me"

This book is from Alissa's POV and this girl thinks and thinks and over thinks resulting in a lot of dialogue. To really enjoy the story you have to get over this because her mind is constantly in over drive from the start. Having said that I really did enjoy this book, these two characters both have something to offer one another.

Alissa is a nieve character who needs a little excitement. She has a poor view of herself and needs somebody to help her broaden her horizons. I've honestly never met a character with worse self esteem.
Janos has experience but needs somebody to awaken his closed off heart. Together this couple was hot I really liked how different they where but how great they came together.

It feels like the first half of the book Alissa is chasing Janos but then the tables turn. I love that Janos can point out to Alissa all the things that he likes about her.
Money and social standing seems to be an issue with this couple and what really made this story for me was when Janos and Alissa opened themselves up and was able to talk to each other about there wants and needs as well as what was important to them.

Run to you throws you in the deep end from the beginning and is all go. This was my first book by this author and I would gladly read more. The only down for me was the lack of back ground on both characters.

View all my reviews

No comments: